Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of PA UCC (as amended), ICC 2009 International Property Maintenance Code.
• Ability & motivation to successfully obtain UCC plan review and inspection certifications.
• Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office 2016.
• Ability to build proficiency with ArcView GIS and permit management software.
• Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• Ability to interpret plans, maps, and various technical materials.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with associates and the public.
• Ability to resolve conflicts in calm, successful manner.
• Ability to work on projects and tasks with and without direct supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
• Ability to prepare concise and accurate reports and maintain accurate records.
• Advanced knowledge of Township policies, procedures and ordinances*
• Advanced knowledge of Township geography*
• First Aid / CPR/ EAD certification for adults, children, and infant is required. *
*Indicates developed after hiring
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
• Five (5) years of relevant previous experience in the construction trade.
• Two (2) years of previous experience in code administration in the public sector is desired.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license. If out of state, the ability to obtain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license within 30 days.
• Ability to advance into the position of Code Enforcement Officer II in 24-Months
• Ability to pass physical/medical tests, including functionality test.
• Ability to pass drug screening test.
• Ability to pass psychological exam.
• Ability to pass background investigation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work may involve conditions that can only be partially controlled and expose the employee to raw sewage and sewage sludge. Work is frequently performed alone and may be performed inside and/or around noisy equipment or outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Work is performed around a variety of potentially hazardous mechanical and electrical equipment and occasionally around hazardous substances. In emergency situations work after normal hours may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the job.
Springettsbury Township provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Springettsbury Township complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the township has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.